Malabar Farm will be offering an archery only hunt at the park this year consisting of 5 hunting zones. The drawing will take place at the Visitor's Center on September 22nd at 1pm. Registration will begin at 11am with the drawing beginning at 1pm. Please see the below information for specific details:
- All drawings will occur at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 22.
- All hunts are archery-only.
- Hunters must possess a valid 2018-19 hunting license and a valid deer permit to enter the drawings.
- Names will be randomly drawn and those selected will be assigned a location to hunt in the park.
- Selected hunters will be eligible to hunt their assigned location for two-week increments.
- Fifteen hunters will be selected
- Hunters will be permitted to hunt with a partner. The partner is not required to attend the drawing but must be named the day of the drawing.
Q. How do I register?
A. Registration will ONLY take place the day of the lottery drawing. Registration will begin at 11am on September 22nd - you may not register ahead of time.
Q. What do I need to bring with me?
A. Please bring your valid 2018-19 hunting license and valid deer permit.
Q. How many people do you expect to register?
A. Last year was the first year we offered a hunting lottery; there were over 100 people who registered for the hunt at Malabar.
Q. How long is the archery hunt at Malabar?
A. Hunting will begin on November 4th and end on December 15th. Each hunter selected will be assigned a zone for a TWO-WEEK increment.