This large timber frame barn is available to rent for that special event, family reunion, wedding receptions, company picnic, training seminars and meetings, square dancing and a country bbq. This style of barn is very popular in the hilly areas of Ohio. Called a bank barn, farmers use the Terrain to their advantage in designing and building their barns. By building a barn into the side of a Hill or "bank," a farmer has two "first floors" both accessible from ground level on the outside. The Lower level of this barn is set up to house different breeds of farm animals. This lower level makes Caring for the animals easier.
Guidelines for main barn use
- We strongly encourage you to visit the facility before you make your confirmation.
- No smoking or open flames in or around the barn buildings.
- Alcohol is prohibited on state park property.
- Maximum occupancy is 250 people seated.
- Facility use $800/ event day, plus additional item usage fee.
- Usage period from 8:00 A.M.-11:00 P.M.
- All belongings must be removed by the end of the usage period unless prior written approval is obtained from park management.
- Payment can be made by cash, credit card, check, or money order in person or over the phone.
- Barn is not heated. Fans are available for summer cooling.
- Electric is available with wall outlets-110 volts standard outlet.
- Trash cans/bags will be available. We do ask that you clean up after your event and place your trash in our containers.
- Stage available for use in barn only. Stage cannot be moved.
- Parking is permitted in parking lot only. Special arrangements can be made to drop off and pick up persons who need special assistance.
- You will be responsible for arranging the barn the way you wish, we can arrange picnic tables in advance for a fee.
- All reservations must be paid in advance for confirmations.
- You may pick up the key the day of the rental unless other arrangements are made.
- You should expect the area to be clean upon your arrival. If there are any concerns about the facility, please contact the park staff immediately.