Built in the 1940's by Louis Bromfield's friend and neighbor Jim Pugh, the cabin is nestled deep in the Malabar Farm sugar bush and offers a tranquil setting for your gathering. The Pugh Cabin is a perfect retreat for meetings, conferences, receptions and other intimate gatherings. The Pugh Cabin is a day use cabin only, no overnight accomodations. Click here to read a comprehensive history of the cabin and its former owner, James Pugh.
Before you depart, please take time to:
- Stack chairs and folding tables and place them to the side of the room.
- Gather all trash and place it in the dumpster located near the building.
- Check fireplaces and grill to ensure that all fires are extinguished.
- Be sure all food is removed from the premises and that the facility is clean.
- Turn off all appliances and lights.
- Gather all personal articles, and lock all doors and windows.
- If the gift shop is closed for the day, please use the mail box at the Visitor Center.
- Remove all directional signs and decorations placed around the area.
- We strongly encourage you to visit the facility before you make your confirmation.
- All belongings must be removed by the end of the usage period unless prior written approval is obtained from park management.
- Payment can be made by cash, credit card, check, or money order in person or over the phone.
- Electric is available with wall outlets-110 volts standard outlet.
- Trash cans/bags will be available. We do ask that you clean up after your event and place your trash in our containers.
- Parking is permitted in parking lot only.
- All reservations must be paid in advance for confirmations.
- A nonrefundable fee of $50.00 will be kept if cancellations are made less than 30 days from your scheduled arrival date.
- You should expect the area to be clean upon your arrival. If there are any concerns about the facility, please contact the park staff immediately.
- Pets prohibited.
- Handicapped accessible.